Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Awarded "Grow With Google" WebDev Scholarship!

Woohoo!

Google & Udacity selected me for a webdev scholarship!

A Udacity email arrived today telling me Google has chosen me as one of the people to receive a 2018 "Grow with Google Challenge Scholarship" to the Front-End Web Developer track at Udacity.

That's the fifth Excellent Thing that Google has done for me.
  1. Launched the Google search engine to dramatically improve on the web search results of Alta Vista.
  2. Gave me a Gmail account shortly after launching the initial beta program.
  3. Chose me as one of the lucky people to receive the v.1.0 Chromebook.
  4. Launched Google Fi cellular service and had the high quality, reasonably priced Nexus 5X to use on Fi.
  5. Gave me the Grow With Google webdev scholarship through Udacity.
The above list started out with three items, then grew to four, then five. I was tempted to add five more, but resisted.

There are many more useful Google services and products, along with the inevitable negatives inherent in a profit-focused organization which has scaled to tens of thousands of employees and
billions of users (who are not also customers). Such is the world we live in today.

Enough time spent on this inaugural post.

Time to refresh my memory by re-reading the background story about the Grow with Google scholarships and begin developing my plan for completing the Udacity courses successfully, with a target of finishing them in 80% or less of the time allowed under the Grow with Google program.


Yippee!!!!!

-----

2 comments:

  1. Hey Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpfulto implement in our work



    Regards
    It Agency

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work

    Regards

    LANDSCAPE COMPANY IN MADHYA PRADESH

    ReplyDelete